Outdoor Phone: Why You Need More than a Protective Casing
You can purchase a protective casing and screen protection for your smartphone, but the device can fall out of the casing, and the screen can still break. Instead, consider buying a robust handset, designed specifically to handle harsh weather elements, drops and knocks. A true outdoor phone is graded to be waterproof, dust-proof and drop-proof. The corner edges have extra protection to prevent corner breakage and you won’t have to worry about dust or water penetration of the microphone, camera lenses or the speaker.
It has the same and better functionality as the regular device and extra features to make it an essential companion for camping, hiking or working in construction, etc. See examples of top-quality rugged devices here.
Which extras can you expect in an outdoor phone?
Apart from the mentioned added protection with its strong casing, the rugged device can have added features, like:
- Thermal imaging camera – now you can see what lurks in the dark, whether a pipe is still too hot to touch, or where your lost friends have gone.
- Built-in compass – follow the path north or south, even if you’re not experienced in using a compass.
- Added navigation features – GPS and GLONASS functionality enable you to navigate roads you’ve never travelled before.
- State-of-the-art cameras – take photos like a pro, even underwater because of the high-quality picture-taking capabilities of these rugged devices.
- Fingerprint and facial recognition – secure your information with biometric locking.
- Easy unlocking – don’t struggle to unlock the device to answer a call or use a functionality.
- Flashlight – find your glasses, car keys or the tent entrance with the help of a built-in flashlight.
- Large battery – go an entire weekend without having to recharge.
- Battery time-saving functionality – keep the device on and ready for use, even if you’re on more than a weeklong trip.
- Extreme operating temperatures – handsets such as the BV9900 Pro, also sporting a thermal camera, can operate in freezing or extremely hot environments, making the devices perfect for hikers and people who work in cold rooms alike.
Which outdoor phones are the best?
Don’t look at the price to determine if a device is any good. Buy within your budget range, but do so from a supplier known for quality rugged devices, regardless of the price range. If you buy from Blackview, from the entry-level to the most advanced rugged phones feature essentials such as being water-, dust-, or drop-proof or all three.
Strong casings, long battery life, fast operating systems, 4G or 5G enablement, built-in navigation functionality, large screens, corner protection and the like are features you can expect from the Blackview rugged handsets. An example being the BV4900 Pro 4G NFC with its 5MP front camera and Samsung® 13MP rear camera for brilliant photos. Secure locking and unlocking with facial recognition, easy payment with NFC functionality, and 64GB storage to save as many as 8000 photos on your trip or 100 episodes of your favourite series, make this a must-have companion for any outdoor enthusiast. Add to it the GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou and Galileo functionalities for fast and accurate positioning, and you have the ultimate rugged device for quick navigation.
Get it before your next outdoor adventure trip
Make your way to the Blackview rugged phone section to choose the device that suits even the most extreme adventure needs.